Hello to everyone,
Since the last update I have seen my neurosurgeon, radiation oncologist and chemo oncologist. I had an MRI 2 days post surgery and it looked like they got everything. I had another MRI on this past Monday and it showed no re-growth yet. So that is good. I had a consultation with the oncologists and have decided to try more chemo, in the form of Temodar. I will try that first for a couple of months and see how I make out. I got very sick from this chemo last time, so we are going to try a lower dose for a longer period of time. If the chemo doesn’t work we may try another drug called CNU, or more radiation called MIRT. I should be starting the chemo the first of next week.
I am heeling up well. Still quite tired. I am very grateful for what Duke and the vaccine did for me. They gave me 4 years which I probably would not have had with standard treatment. They have a wonderful staff that were very good to me. However, it’s a new phase now and we must move on with the fight. Thanks to all who support us. It does not go unnoticed.